Thursday, March 25, 2010

Patan & Kathmandu



It is very difficult to know when the photos here were taken. The notes that I have written suggest that I took a bus from Durbar Square to Patan and they say that I explored before returning to my hotel to write a letter to my colleagues from Sutton.



I am not sure if this picture of the rickshaw equivalent of a taxi rank was taken before going to Patan. I think it was.



This picture of the sleeping Rickshaw driver is one of my favourites.



The picture above and the one below were both taken in Patan, or Lalitpur (City of beauty) as it is also known, for sure. They are the images on top of the two columns that stand in Patan's Durbar Square. The one above is King Yoganarendra Malla's Statue depicting him kneeling and facing his palace. He is protected by the hood of a cobra. The picture below is of the statue of Garuda outside the Krishna Mandir.