Thursday, March 25, 2010

Return to Kathmandu



I was up at 7.00am the next morning and breakfasted with the Australians. The notes say "Early a.m. Starter". Prefixed by the fact that I was up at 7.00am and had breakfast with the Australians, I have no idea what the note means.

So add yet another mode of transport to the list: the Ox Cart! No picture!? Honestly, I could kick myself! I took a ride on an Ox Cart from the Tiger Wildlife Camp to Tadi Bazar to catch the bus back to Katmandhu. Tadi Bazaar does exist. There is a mention of it in the Lonely Planet Guide but try as I might I couldn't locate it when I searched the net. It is described as nothing more than a junction town for Sauraha. There was time for a cup of tea.



The bus journey was quite fast to Mugling and very slow from there to Kathmandu. That is exactly how it was and exactly how it was supposed to be. The guide book said it would be like that. I arrived at about 6.00pm at dusk and checked into The Maha Laxmi. The picture below must be the view. There's quite a bit to take in.



Once I was established in the hotel I wandered down to Thamel, went to My Place, ate something and retired back to hotel and bed.