Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Every Day Is Like Sunday

In 1990 Morrissey released his Album "Bona Drag" and "Every Day Is Like Sunday" was released as a single. I mention it because yesterday, Saturday, was like Sunday and today, Sunday, was even more like a Sunday than the previous day.



I must have done something but all the diary says is: "Chilled - Night in no food".



I put these pictures in here because I must have taken them either on this day or one of the next couple. I do remember this Stupa in Tahity. There are prayer wheels all around the square enclosure and as you walk around you spin them. They contain prayers written on long strips of paper rolled up around the spindle and every revolution sends up a prayer.

The picture of the girls in the doorway is one of my favorites of the trip. It would have been better if I had steppped away just a few more inches. If I had I would have managed to include all of the toes on the girl's foot at the bottom of the picture. Never mind. These girls seem to be in uniforms the same colour as the robes worn by the monks in Nepal. I don't know whether these girls were in a temple school and this was the uniform or what the reason was and it intrigues me. I didn't know then and I don't know now. I will try to find out.

They could be young girls from villages at risk of exploitation who are cared for and educated in Kathmandu. There are plenty of sites on the internet advertising ways to help stop the exploitation and trafficking of children and a quick surf led me to the following site. It is possible that this picture was taken at the side door of part of the Dhamma Moli Project. These girls look very happy.