Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chilled

I'm sure I wasn't bored but the notes for daytime on Monday 24 December don't suggest that I was doing very much. They say "Chilled & got photos - looked at them - Brill".

I am not quite sure now what these photos were but I think I had a set of slides from India developed and had them make "internegs" and print up a few because I could not wait to see them..




These days the process that had to be gone through to produce the couple of prints I got does seem quite extraordinary. This is especially so when it was so easy to scan the print and upload it here. When I got home I took some slides to have prints made and the results were rubbish. The lab in Thahity did a much better job.



I bought some black and white film there because it was clear that there was just too much to take pictures of and if I was to have any slide film left for later in the trip I would have to buy some more film. This stuff looked okay, it was well in date anyway.



I have been wondering why I spent so many days in a row in Kathmandu without actually seeming to do much. I think one of the reasons that I was in the hands of a small travel agency who were arranging my Thai Visa. I must have been checking in with the agency fairly regularly because the notes for the evening say "On the piss wi Travel Agents". I cannot remember anything about this but I think I probably ruined my average for consumption of alcohol.