Sunday, January 24, 2010

Delhi Again

I was beginning to feel quite at home in Paharganj. I should have done some more tourism. I never went to the Jami Masjid. I could have but I put it off until the next time I visit India.

There was business to do. I had to go to the bank again and (since we were in Asia) had to confirm my onward flight. Time was running out. The third leg of this big trip was coming up. There's a note that says "Post". I don't think I was posting another parcel because I can read ahead and I did that a couple of days later.

The fact that I only had a few days left meant that I suddenly began to realise that all the fantastic bargains that I didn't buy would have to stay in India unless I did something about it.

I did some shopping around and the notes say I wrote some letters. They also say that I checked out a Kashmiri craft fair which was no good.

This was a leisurely day and it looks like Claire and I had an early night. What happened was noteworthy but not for publication.