Monday, October 29, 2007

Jabs and more Music

Despite the fact that I hadn't been very impressed with my local surgery when I pulled the muscle in my back that started all this I set up a course of the various injections I needed. The day after the The The concert I had my polio and tetanus jabs.

On 17 July I was at the Town & Country in Kentish Town to see Booker T and the MGs and the Blues Brothers Band. Steve Cropper, Donald "Duck" Dunn, Matt "Guitar" Murphy et al. The Blues Brothers Band were fronted by Eddie Floyd, I think. Another stonking gig.

On 20th July I went to the Medical Centre on the Holloway Road for the first course of Typhoid and Cholera injections. These and the previous jabs were obtained on the NHS.

A few days later we were back at the T&C to see the fabulous Etta James (twice!). In between I went to an outdoor classical concert at the Kenwood Bowl on Hampstead Heath. My last day at work was 27 July and then started the longest holiday ever.