Friday, October 19, 2007

First Post



This is my first post. I took this picture in late 1990 while staying in Goa. This was the light outside the Portuguese style house rented by a German girl called Jeannette Schwittay I'd met on the train down from Bombay/Mumbai. Inside the light the ghekho gorged itself on the insects trapped both by their instinct to fly towards the bulb and the fact that once inside the shade they didn't seem to be able to find a way out.

I enjoyed my week or so relaxing in the small settlement of Bokeachi Arradi. It was a short bike ride down to Baga beach and 20 minutes or so on the bike to Calangute. The house next door was occupied by one of the coolest and most attractive women I have ever met before or since. She was also German. Her name was Ute Schutz. She had a boyfriend who was a member of a German Rock band. I wonder what happened to her? Why didn't I take a picture of her?