Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Baga Beyond

The heading for this post is a terrible pun for which I apologise.

I was woken the next morning in a way that just increased the feeling of surreality. I became aware of Jeannette coming into the room. It was her house. She was opening the wooden shutters. I came to and as my eyes adjusted to the light I realised that Jeanette was stark naked.

What was I supposed to make of this? I suppose my reaction was typically English. I just paid no attention at all. I do sometimes wonder whether I should have reacted differently. Perhaps I should have done something else. Maybe this was an invitation. Jeannette was not bad looking. Anyway the moment came and went. Jeanette left the room telling me that breakfast was at Ute's next door. I was left just wondering what that was all about.

I got up and noticed that beneath the large window there was a big black scorpion. I decided to ignore that too.

My notes say that after breakfast at Ute's I spent the day planning (exactly what, I don't know), reading and chilling. Then there is a big gap to the words "eat in". Jeannete had the services of a houseboy called Suraj. I think he acted as the cookm too and I think dinner was a prawn curry.

The big black scorpion had disappeared by the time the shutters were closed again.