Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Empty Space

It is a sign of my very poor journal keeping that the next 10 days have no entries in them at all. I can only suppose that I spent my time compiling lists of things I would need to take with me on the trip and getting ready to leave the flat. At some stage I know I walked to Stroud Green where I purchased my camera. Brian had spotted it second-hand in a shop there. It was a fully mechanical Pentax K1000. The classic student camera. No gizmos or features. I also got a zoom lens. I know I also went up and down Tottenham Court Road looking for a Walkman and chose a smashing Aiwa model with radio and recording function. Lastly, I bought a small travel alarm clock. I ordered a mosquito net, neat deet (kills mosquitos on contact) and an anti AIDS and Hepatitis kit from Medical Advisory Services for Travellers Abroad consisting of hypodermic syringes and such like so that if I needed an injection while I was away I could ensure that they used my clean needles. I never had to use this kit and when I think about it if the occasion had arisen there would be a good chance that I would have been unconscious and unable to insist on the use of my needles or just wouldn't have had them with me at the time. I also bought a whistle.